Poverty35-yr-old man commits suicide over 25k bank loan

A man who owed a bank money decided to take the easy way out by killing himself.
This man took the easy way out
Unable to repair a loan of N25,000 he had obtained from a micro finance bank and with the bank threatening to confiscate his goods, a petty trader who dealt with second hand clothes popularly called 'Okrika', Badejo Adeyinka, a 35-year-old resident of Kubwa, a satellite town in Bwari Area Council of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has reportedly committed suicide by hanging himself on Tuesday, September 15.
According to reports, Adeyinka who was married with two children, sold second-hand clothes at the Kubwa village market and had borrowed the sum of N150,000 from the bank and when he could not offset the loan, his younger brother, Emmanuel had assisted in paying part of the borrowed money, leaving him with just N25,000 to complete the payment.
The grieving Emmanuel narrated that things were not going well for his elder brother and he was certain the debt hanging on his neck was responsible for the brother committing suicide.
“We were very close siblings. He once jokingly told me that he would hang himself because of the pressure he was getting from the bank to return the borrowed money.
But I always told him everything would be okay. I never knew he meant his words. Maybe if I had known, I would have tried to stop him. I pray his soul rests in peace,” the tearful Emmanuel said.
Wife of the deceased, Grace, said she was the first person to notice her husband’s body dangling inside their sitting room when she went to use the toilet in the morning and raised an alarm after which neighbours came and brought him down before rushing him to the Kubwa General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.
“I woke up around 5am to use the toilet and found out that the cloth I used to cover our five-year-old child was missing, and my husband too was not by my side in bed.
When I went to the living room, I discovered that it was the cloth he used to hang himself,” Grace narrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abu Simbel Temple