In Lagos Robbery suspect reveals the use of toy gun as weapon

The suspect identified as Paul Bassey, 25, has narrated how he successfully used a painter’s gun-like spraying instrument to rob a Good Samaritan, who gave him a lift and many others.
Concealed handgun 

Armed robbery suspect reportedly reveals that he has successfully robbed countless victims with the use of a toy gun.

The suspect identified as Paul Bassey, 25, has narrated how he successfully used a painter’s gun-like spraying instrument to rob a Good Samaritan, who gave him a lift and many others.
The Nigerian Tribune reports that Bassey had just robbed a car owner of his vehicle and other valuables, before his apprehension by the operatives of the RRS along Lekki-Epe Expressway.
One of the RRS officers speaking on the issue, said:
“We were on routine patrol duty when we suddenly saw a vehicle on high speed coming behind us. The said vehicle overtook us and its driver forcefully opened the door and started shouting for help. Immediately, we gave the car a hot chase which led to the arrest of a young guy, later identified as Paul Bassey.”
Upon his arrival at the RRS Headquarters in Alausa, Bassey had finally confessed to the crime, saying:
“I was a lone operator and employ the tactics of stopping private car drivers to seek for lift. Once I enter into the car, I will point the iron-made gun at their head to subject them to my control. If they cooperate with me I will only collect their belongings and let them go but if they drag with me, I will use my stainless toy gun to hit them.
“I did operate very early in the morning and late at night because they won’t know that I was using fake gun to threaten them”.
The victim identified as Mr David Oriakhi, who had followed the suspect to the RRS’s Headquarters in Alausa, revealed his regret for offering a stranger a lift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abu Simbel Temple