Wike

"I will reject unknown CSO," Gov tells Police IG

Gov Wike has promised to reject any CSO given to him by the police IG saying he feels empty and unsave without his former CSO.
Nigeria Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris. 

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has told the Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim that the withdrawal of his Chief Security Officer (CSO) had exposed his life to danger.

Speaking at a recent meet with the IGP, Wike said: ”The moment you touch my chief security officer, you are telling me that you are ready for me. As I sit here, I am empty, I have no protection.
”What you have done is the highest disrespect to the Office of the Governor,” he said.
Wike pleaded with the IGP to return his CSO, saying that he would not be able to take anyone.
“I am pleading with you, my life is very important; I will not take any chief security officer you bring to me that I don’t know.
”This is a matter of security and protection, it is not what you do with levity.”
Wike said that the IGP did not consult him before redeploying the CSO.
The governor said that he was shocked by a statement released by the Office of the Inspector-General of Police, saying that his CSO was withdrawn for misconduct.
He told the IGP that, on the contrary, the CSO only stopped an APC crowd from invading the government house.
He urged the police to be unbiased during the election, saying that Rivers people would support an unbiased police  but would resist any attempt to use security agencies for untoward electoral action.
Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Wike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abu Simbel Temple